- – Video in MP4 – DIALANG WonderShare Movie Story MPEG – DIALANG installation on Dynabook G8 at home (<–WClick HERE to view in a new window)
- DIALANG … [enables] you … [to] learn about your strengths and weaknesses in a foreign language, and find out what level you are at.
- — Drag and Drop Activity <– WClick HERE
- DIALANG provides flexible support to anyone learning a language:
- You can test yourself in reading, writing, listening, grammar and vocabulary.
- DIALANG’s 14 languages are: Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Icelandic, Irish, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Spanish and Swedish.
From DIALANG Blurb: <–Wclick HERE
- DIALANG offers carefully designed and validated tests of different language skills, together with a range of feedback and expert advice on how to improve your skills.
- DIALANG also offers scientifically validated self-assessment activities, because it is now widely recognized that being able to judge your own language proficiency is an important part of learning a language.
- DIALANG does not issue certificates. It allows you to find out what level you are at and where your strengths and weaknesses are, so that you can decide how best to develop your mastery of a language.
- DIALANG will help you to take control of your language learning and it will increase your awareness both of what you can do at the moment, and of what it means to know a language.
- DIALANG has been developed by more than 20 major European institutions, with the backing of the European Commission.
- DIALANG is the first major language assessment system to be based on the Council of Europe’s “Common European Framework of reference”, which has become established throughout Europe as the most widely recognized frame of reference in the field of language learning.
- Pilot testing and Stand alone package: http://dialang.org/project/
- System Requirements for DOWNLOAD package:
- Operating System: Windows 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, XP
- Memory: 64MB working minimum. 128MB preferred.
- Disk Space: about 20 MB
- Network Connection: Access to the Internet is required. 56K modem or higher recommended.
- Sound card: Standard sound card required for listening questions
- Screen resolution: Requires 800×600 at 256 colours or higher
- and “the Sun Java Run time Environment” is required (to be downloaded in a LZH installation file)
What is the difference between the Beta Version of DIALANG Version 1 and the Pilot Tool? <– WClick HERE! The Beta Version is the most recent version of the DIALANG System. The Beta Version constitutes the complete DIALANG System, containing placement tests, self-assessment, tests for reading, writing, listening, vocabulary and structures as well as help, feedback and advice in all the 14 DIALANG languages. The only difference between the final Version 1 of DIALANG and the Beta Version is that the Beta Version may still contain some programming bugs and content problems in some test tasks and translations.
The DIALANG assessment system builds on the Council of Europe 6-level scale from A1 to C2. test results are reported on the Council of Europe scale
- test results are reported on the Council of Europe scale
- self-assessment uses this scale
In the course of developing DIALANG, several versions of the scales have been developed and translated into the 14 DIALANG languages. To access the scales, click on the links below.